Contributing to Environmental Sustainability
While offering seamless environment friendly plastic granules assimilated with the best quality, NIDHI contributing to plastic and waste management in India. At a plastic recycling process, NIDHI takes a plastic product at the end of its utility life and convert it into another useful entity. Plastic, a highly non bio-degradable substance is a major cause of environmental pollution and can only be further used by the process of plastic recycling. NIDHI transforms plastic waste into consistent, high-quality resin pellets for further manufacturing applications. Thus NIDHI resins replace virgin resins in scrap, primarily, produced from the fossil fuels.
Some Important Plastic Recycling Facts
- Recycling plastic saves as twice as energy as burning it in an incinerator.
- PET plastic can be recycled into:- clothing, fiberfill for sleeping bags, toys, stuffed animals, rulers and more.
- Only around 27% of plastic bottles are recycled.
- Recycling saves 3 to 5 times the energy generated by waste-to-energy plants, even without counting the wasted energy in the burned materials.
- 66% of energy is saved when producing new plastic products from recycled materials instead of raw (virgin) materials.
- For every 1 ton of plastic that is recycled, we save the equivalent of 2 people’s energy use for 1 year, the amount of water used by 1 person in 2 month’s time and almost 2000 pounds of oil.